A recipe for Dalgona coffee (whipped coffee) made with our Cafe de Olla! Find our delicious cafe de olla at all 12 La Monarca Bakery Los Angeles locations and shop Cafe de Olla online!
This video shot by Instagram user @suzthefoodie
CAFE DE OLLA DALGONA:
- 1/2 packet gelatin (dissolve into 1/3 cup cafe de olla, you can microwave it to boiling if you need)
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 cup cold strong coffee
- bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, for garnish
Pour 1/3 cup boiling cafe de olla into a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over and stir until dissolved. Cool.
Whip the cream or milk allowing stiff peaks to form (if cream). Just whisk to aerate.
- Continuing to mix, gradually add the sugar, then the coffee and the cooled gelatin.
- Divide between glasses and chill for at least several hours, until set.
Garnish with grated ground cinnamon or cinnamon stick!