Three more EASY Mexican dessert recipes...
that are perfect for the family! For your convenience, we listed the recommended products below to get started on making DELICIOUS desserts at home!
We recommend grabbing:
- Mexican Wedding Cookie & Orejitas 2-Pack
La Monarca Bakery Wedding Cookies
- La Monarca Bakery's Mini Orejitas
- La Monarca Bakery's Agave & Coconut Granola
WEDDING COOKIE POPS & TRUFFLES
- 2 Bags of La Monarca Bakery Wedding Cookies
2.5 oz cream cheese (to taste and desired consistency)
OR half a stick of butter (to taste and desired consistency)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Place the Wedding Cookies in a food processor & pulse until roughly chopped. Add the cream cheese and continue pulsing until the mixture is well combined and there are no large pieces of cookie remaining.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, squeeze and roll the cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each ball (or skip the lollipop sticks to make Wedding Cookie Truffles instead!) place them on the baking sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes.
Garnish them with powdered sugar, crushed nuts or toasted coconut flakes (or both using our Agave & Coconut Granola!). Gently press the garnish in if needed. Return the pops to the baking sheet. Loosely cover and refrigerate them for 1 hour.
LEMON GLAZE OREJITAS
- 1-2 Bags of La Monarca Bakery's Mini Orejitas
- Honey Granules (optional)
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Stir fresh lemon juice into powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved
- Dip the top of the Orejita into the glaze
- Dry on a rack or on wax paper
- Dust with a light layer of honey granules (optional)
AGAVE & COCONUT GRANOLA TART
- 1/4 cup La Monarca Bakery's Multiflora honey, warmed (or regular honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and hot
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups La Monarca Bakery's Agave & Coconut Granola
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray tart pans with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the warmed honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together Agave & Coconut Granola and honey mixture until the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Portion the granola mixture evenly between the mini tart pans, pressing the granola firmly into bottoms and up the sides of the tart pans. Then place the pans on a baking tray (for easy transport).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the granola is nice and browned and toasted on top. Transfer tart pans to a wire rack, and cool until they reach room temperature.
- Gently remove the granola tarts from the pans, fill with your desired fillings and serve immediately. Or, carefully transfer the tarts to an airtight ziplock bag and store for up to 7 days.