Café de Olla. Do you remember the aroma that fills the house when a pot of cafe de olla is brewing? Cinnamon and coffee, it’s hard to imagine a more nostalgic combination. It’s the smell of mornings at your abuelas, the smell of your mom’s travel mug, and now – it’s your everyday, everywhere. That’s assuming you already got a box of Cafe de Olla Steep Bags.
It’s an old drink, synonymous with the Mexican spirit. It was the drink of choice for the Adelitas of revolutionary Mexico. The problem is, with the bustle of 2021, who has the time? Luckily, we did the hard part for you. We measured out the ratios of cinnamon and brown cane sugar, we sourced the best coffee beans from Oaxaca, and all you have to do is add the hot water. We’ll show you how!
- Grab your favorite mug. Part of the reason you drink Cafe de Olla is to put you back in the right head-space. Pick a mug that makes you happy and the rest will fall in place.
- Heat some water. In the microwave, the kettle, however works best for you.
- Place a cafe de olla steep bag in your mug and slowly pour hot water over it. Let it steep for 3-5 minutes, to taste.
- Enjoy. This is your happy place.
– and that's it! It's not only the optimal way to get the most authentic Mexican coffee without the stress, but you're also doing it for a good cause. 1% of every purchase of our Cafe de Olla Step Bags goes to our partner EcoLife Conservation to protect and preserve the monarch butterflies.